The steps you take after a car accident are crucial, both to your health and your case financially. There are certain steps that an experienced attorney can and should do to ensure you get the most benefit from your case.
Following a car accident, your personal injury lawyer will:
· Ensure you’re getting the necessary medical treatment for your injuries;
· Speak with witnesses;
· Protect evidence;
· Determine who is the responsible;
· Notify the necessary parties that you’re being represented;
· Assist you in getting compensated for your property damage; and
· Begin building your case in anticipation for litigation or settlement.
While each case differs depending on the factual scenario, in general, most cases have a framework of what needs to be accomplished and performed. The steps provided above are just some of the many steps needed to build a successful case.
If you’ve been involved in a car accident, call Mercado & Sacramento, PC at (510) 340-4LAW immediately. While each case differs, we treat every case with the same sense of urgency to ensure our clients get compensated to the full extent deserved.